You are invited! HOP into Spring with the BC and Yukon Region of the Association of Canadian Ergonomists!
You are invited for a stellar day learning how to help your organization HOP into action!
Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) is a powerful, science-based operating philosophy. HOP recognizes work involves interactions between people and organizational elements. To meet the demands of work, people adapt to imperfect conditions. While work is often successful, mistakes and unwanted outcomes sometimes do happen. HOP principles provide the framework to understand the context of work and helps set the stage for learning to build safety capacity and effectively improve human and organizational performance.
The BC-Yukon Chapter of the Association of Canadian Ergonomists has assembled an expert lineup of speakers to take you on a journey from understanding the nuts and bolts of HOP to how to put it into action. The speakers will take you from challenges to execution showcasing practical and powerful examples and stories.
· Jenny Colman, Human Factors Specialist, WorkSafeBC
· Robert Waterhouse, Program Manager, Energy Safety Canada
· Kym Bancroft, Managing Director, New View Safety
· Cheryl Pocklington, Director, Mines Investigations, BC Ministry of Energy, Mines & Low Carbon Innovation
· Brad Mayhew, Investigator, Fireline Factors
· Dr. Tristan Casey, Director, New View Safety
· Tom Munro, Director, Safety and Emergency Management Liquids, TC Energy